Friday, September 5, 2014

Denmark Passes Groundbreaking Gender 'Self-Determination' Law


Denmark Passes Groundbreaking Gender 'Self-Determination' Law


The abolishment of restrictive Danish laws around updating gender on identification records for transgender citizens — which were originally repealed by Denmark's Parliament in June — went into effect this week, reports the Guardian. Before the ...


Health: The Scandal of Mercury Amalgam.


This is one of the most important issues I’ve ever written about; to the extent that anyone reading this may act upon what is said and it may improve their quality of life. Like so many people of not exactly affluent backgrounds, I have since my teenage years had numerous Dental Mercury Amalgam fill ...


Potato Chips, Pride, & Precipitation


I will pick up exactly where I left off, on Friday evening and i can promise that this post will be bright and colorful, as I recount my experience on Saturday at Copenhagen’s Pride Celebration! :) After dinner on Friday night, I had a nice relaxing, yet entertaining movie night with my host sisters ...


Thursday 4th September 2014


Monday. First day of September, and the weather is glorious, like summer has returned, so I head into the office in Ramsgate for a day of productive work. As you do. I steal my old seat by the window, and open the window so to get a nice breeze flowing. It is almost pleasant, even if work itself isn ...


2015-2016 Whitaker International Program: funding for BME graduating seniors & grad students


The Institute of International Education (IIE) is pleased to announce the opening of the 2015-2016 Whitaker International Program. The Whitaker International Program provides funding for biomedical engineers/bioengineers to conduct a field-relevant activity abroad. Full details can be found at www.w ...


Dear Sister Person Book Club: Her Sky Cowboy by Beth Ciotta


Dear Sister Person, So when we decided to read this book, I was, admittedly, skeptical. I'm not really a steampunk fan, but hey, the book had pretty decent reviews. Plus, after my encounter with Courtney Milan's work, I was ready to indulge myself with more romance novels, so I started reading Her S ...


Iceland! History and Blue Lagoon soakin'


On Wednesday, Scott and I fell into a little bit of jet lag/sleep-in time, but we were able to fill our day with some pretty memorable activities. As some of you may know, I get pretty into history and one of the things I'm excited about on our trip is learning more about history in other countries. ...


Danish Birthdays and Fjords


I literally cannot fathom that it’s only been a little over a week since I arrived in Denmark. I feel as though I’ve been here forever. Maybe it’s because I feel so at home with my host family or that I’ve figured out public transportation and no longer get on the wrong train a few times a day. Rega ...


Fintan Magee "The Pyramid" New Mural For We Aart - Aalborg, Denmark


Fintan Magee spent the last few days in Denmark where he was invited to paint for the We Aart Festival. Painting on the streets of Aalborg, the Australian muralist quickly worked his way through this signature piece entitled "The Pyramid". This piece is based on the iconic painting 'The Flower Carri ...


US.11 - Four for the Final


Before the weekend arrives, we'll know... As for today... well, it's not exactly the U.S. Open version of Wimbledon's middle Sunday. But it's close enough. =DAY 11 NOTES= ...after top-seeded Sania Mirza & Bruno Soares advanced to the Mixed Doubles final yesterday to set up the first title-deciding m ...


US.11 - Four for the Final


Before the weekend arrives, we'll know... As for today... well, it's not exactly the U.S. Open version of Wimbledon's middle Sunday. But it's close enough. =DAY 11 NOTES= ...after top-seeded Sania Mirza & Bruno Soares advanced to the Mixed Doubles final yesterday to set up the first title-deciding m ...



Search News