Saturday, August 1, 2009

my boyfriend lives in denmark and im in england if i marry him will i automaticy beable to live in denmark

my boyfriend lives in denmark and im in england if i marry him will i automaticy beable to live in denmark?

Denmark - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
as an eu citizen you can live and work anywhere in the eu that you like
2 :
You can live and work in Denmark anyway, if you're an EU citizen. You don't need to marry him for that!
3 :
The other questions are sort of right. although Denmark is part of the EU there are many rules they choose to ignore, and unless you know your rights they will take you for a mug and try to rip you off. I was told that I needed to have at least 50,000 DDK in the bank before I would be able to have a residence permit, I refused and told them to look again as I was an EU citizen (from the UK) I got another letter saying the same thing, I then told them that I would take it to the EU court, and within two days I was told that they had made a mistake and I would not need to have that money in the bank. If you do decide to come to live here then buy a car left hand drive, and register it in your name for 6 months, then you can bring it to Denmark and not have to pay the huge amount of tax that they charge here. a ten year old car would cost about the same as a two/three year old in the UK. You will never be told what you are allowed to have, you have to find it out for yourself, even the Danes find it hard to get around the bureaucracy, (I thought Spain was bad). Once you have made your way through the mazes, then you are setup and things do get better. Good luck Mail me if you want to :) RR
4 :
As Rugr.... describes - it is a confusing maze - also for Danes. Even though you are an EU citizen, there are difficulties. It will be easier, if you marry your boyfriend (if you are 23 years old or older - if you are younger, there are still difficulties)
5 :
If you're 21+ there shouldn't be any problems. Besides, you live in an EU country, so it's easy for you.




Read more discussions :

Search News