Saturday, August 14, 2010

What kinds of clothes do I need while living in Denmark from February to June

What kinds of clothes do I need while living in Denmark from February to June?
I am studying abroad near Copenhagen but I don't know how to dress for the cold weather. What kind of coat will I need? rain-proof? What is the style there?
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You will need warm clothes first of all, it tends to rain a bit but you should be more worried about the wind. Statistically there is only 7 days a year without wind, so you need wind proof clothes (especially in the winter when the wind is so cold). Greenlandic people often say they freeze more in Denmark because of the wind. You definitely need a warm coat, preferably not too tight so you can at least wear a thick sweater underneath for when it's really cold. Knitted sweaters are something you need too. There is no particular style as such, you can wear pretty much what you like. I don't think Danish people are all that stylish although some probably like to think that we are :-) Jeans and a sweater would be fine in the winter. If you wear skirts wear two pairs of pantyhose, I often wear a pair of regular pantyhose for my inner stockings and a pair of all wool pantyhose on top. Or wear pantyhose and leggings on top.





Read more discussions :

Search News