Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How to prepare and adapt to living condition in Denmark

How to prepare and adapt to living condition in Denmark?
I'm 16 years old and live in the US. I'm actually a Danish citizen with a green card and I haven't lived in Denmark in 7 years and I was there to see my family last month. I fit in with my family and I'm so happy I found my identity. I've read about the schooling and university but I don't understand where I fit in place in the school, like what grade or how the environment is or homework or expectancy or exit exams. Am I supposed to take an exam to see where i fit there? I'm currently in 11th grade, Junior in the U.S. I want to be able to major in science there once I go to Uni. I've already read from wikipedia so don't bother giving me that site please. I need to catch up with my Danish so I have to stick with English for awhile until I know how to speak it well again. How would I approach Danish people in a grocery store or at school the teachers and my peers.. basically anyone. I don't want to seem rude or obnoxious. I'm shy and get startled easily, I hope that's not too bad. How hard is the schooling in Denmark I mean is it any different from the U.S? I'm so damn worried if it will be too overwhelming for me.
Primary & Secondary Education - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Perhaps you could find a site that could hook you up with a couple of Danish pen pals and ask them, girls your age. http://www.interpals.net/search_results.php?age3_select=41%2C50&country_select=DK&gender_select= Try it!
2 :
I have visited Norway and Denmark twice in my life. I have found the Scandinavian people to be very nice. Sure English is not their primary language, but they do understand it for the most part. You just have to talk slower than you normally do. As for education, you should contact them prior to moving. I would also recommending buying a couple language courses on CD that way you can practice your Danish prior to moving. Memorize the important words like "please", "thank you" and "I'm sorry". Keep a good attitude and be patient. Good luck in your move.





Read more discussions :

Search News