Monday, December 14, 2009

I want to live in Denmark with my Danish boyfriend

I want to live in Denmark with my Danish boyfriend.?
I'm not a Danish citizen, I live in the USA. My boyfriend and I love each other very much and he likes visiting the USA, but would not like to live here. I don't have a problem living with him in Denmark. However, I've seen how hard it can be for me to simply just want to pack up and move in with him. If I go there and we apply for a registered partnership in Denmark, and he is able to provide for us (he'll buy an apartment for us to live in, and he's capable of supporting both of us financially) would it make it easier for me to get a residence permit? Thank you very much for taking your time to read this. We're both trying to make this work for our relationship, and I appreciate any helpful answers or tips for us. :) Thanks, David, however it's all so confusing to me. I've spent hours trying to figure this all out, and I've read through those pages and all, however it still is going to be complicated for him and I.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/coming_to_dk.htm http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/work/how_to_apply.htm
2 :
The New In Denmark website is the best resource you're going to find. I wouldn't recommend coming to Denmark and then applying afterwards - you have to get permission before you come. At least, my family did, and I work with admission for international students at the University, and in admissions letters we always have to tell them that they need to apply before coming here. Denmark makes this kind of thing really hard. They don't want immigrants... sometimes you can't even get residency after you MARRY a Dane, because they're worried people will use marriage to get residency, and then once they have it get divorced, and that people will use that to get into the country even though they don't qualify. You could try to get in touch with Udlændingeservice (Foreigner/immigration service), they might be able to help you. Try calling them. Here's their contact info: http://www.nyidanmark.dk/da-dk/Kontakt/kontakt_udlaendingeservice/kontakt_udlaendingeservice.htm Good luck!





Read more discussions :

Search News