Friday, October 7, 2011

Lived in Denmark all of last year. Must I pay U.S. income tax

Lived in Denmark all of last year. Must I pay U.S. income tax?
I received my support from the U.S. National Institutes of Health while working in Denmark. It was classified as "taxable grants" rather than normal income. I did not pay income tax in Denmark. I am a U.S. citizen but lived in Denmark for >350 days in 2007. Can I claim the "foreign earned income exclusion"? Will I have to pay U.S. income tax?
United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
As a US citizen who made more than $8750 in 2007, you must file. You were paid by a government agency, so the form 2555 doesn't apply in your situation.
2 :
U.S. citizens are required to pay U.S. federal income tax on all income received anywhere in the world, even if they do not live in the U.S., unless it is specifically exempted by a tax treaty.





Read more discussions :

Search News