Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I am a US citizen. How would I go about living in Denmark

I am a US citizen. How would I go about living in Denmark?
First and foremost, I've been doing my best on trying to research this matter by myself. It's come to where I just don't know where to turn for my questions. So first, my boyfriend lives in Denmark. Say I have money for a one-way ticket, and his parents agree to let me live under their roof for a while. I know I would have to get a working permit to actually work so I'm not mooching off them. However, could I do this since I moved there (permanently) so recently? How easy would it be? I've also read about having to live in Denmark for 7 years or so to become a citizen. My boyfriend also mentioned something less formal than marriage, to legally sign up as a couple. At least that's what he told me. Would we have to get married in order for me to really live there with no troubles? I'm sorry if this is confusing, but thank you for reading this and taking the time to answer. I really appreciate it. Thanks for your answers, guys. Much appreciated! I guess I'm going to need to think this over a bit more thoroughly with him. Him and I are not yet 24, and I don't have much schooling to impress with. This is so difficult, but I know I can do it. Wish me luck!
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm not sure how you would go about it, but Denmark is a splendid country. The Danish people are wonderful, the food great, the government is efficient and much more honest and ethical than the US government. I only wish I could move there, also. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, I just wanted to give you some encouragement.
2 :
When you do a change-of-address, you can ask the legal-people.
3 :
You cannot just move there with a one way ticket and expect to get a work permit. You either have to register as domestic partners and he has to prove that he owns a home you both will live in - living with his parents will not get you approved. Or you need to be highly educated (Masters degree at least), highly skilled and a high earner to apply for the Green Card Scheme that would allow you to work Here are all the rules to quality for a domestic partner's visa http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/familyreunification/spouses/spouses.htm Yes it takes 7 years to become a citizen and Denmark does not allow dual citizenship. You would need to renounce your US citizenship to become a Danish citizen.





Read more discussions :

Search News