Thursday, March 1, 2012

Can I apply for German citizenship while I have lived in denmark for 6 years and have a permanent residency

Can I apply for German citizenship while I have lived in denmark for 6 years and have a permanent residency?
Hi, Would somebody help with this? i have a permanent residency from denmark, but not citizenship. I have been there 6 yeras,found a job In germany and now work and live in Germany.danish authority said i have to come back if I want my Danish citizenship, otherwise the permanetn residencywill be elapsed too.Can I apply for german citizenship, if they acknowledge the years I lived in Denmark as the inhabitant years in germany? i mean it is EU!and then I do not have to wait for 8 more years in germany to get German citizenship. Please advice.Thanks M&A
Immigration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You have to live in Germany to be considered for German citizenship. No the time you lived in Denmark will not be considered as it is a completely different country!! It may be the EU but the EU is made up of seperate countries with different laws. They do allow for freedom of movement mainly for the citizens of the EU (which you are not).





Read more discussions :

Search News