Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I am a US Citizen in Denmark for 5 weeks now and want to marry a Dane and live here. How easy is it to do

I am a US Citizen in Denmark for 5 weeks now and want to marry a Dane and live here. How easy is it to do?
I am in Denmark presently and have no residency permit or work permit. I came over here after meeting a Danish woman in the states and we have planned for awhile for me to come over here. I love it and want to stay. We want to get married soon, is this possible, and if so how do we go about it. Also, will I have to leave and re-enter the country to do this?
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Go to an American Embassy in Denmark and ask them to help you to file for dual citizenship. They have all the papers and can help you get them filed with the correct officials in Denmark. They may require you to go back to USA until all the paper work is approved. Good Luck Red
2 :
You might want to check on this. I have heard that if you're a US citizen living outside the US you still have to pay Federal income taxes. Check it out. It sounds crazy but I think it's true.
3 :
To marry in Denmark (even with a Danish) one needs to be resident in Denmark & seems like u have only visitor's status. I'd suggest that u both get married in USA because in USA no residency restriction is in place to get married. She can visit you in USA & u both can easily register your marriage there. Once married your (future) wife can sponsor you to move to live in Denmark with her.





Read more discussions :

Search News