Saturday, July 14, 2012

Good or bad idea to use power converters with an iPad

Good or bad idea to use power converters with an iPad?
I live in Denmark, where we use 230V. I just bought an iPad from USA and therefore got the wrong charger. Can I simply use a power converter along with the US charger, or do I have to get another charger?
Other - Electronics - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
on charger read AC input : ------ if 110 don't use this with 220 input if 240 use if 100 - 240 use if you can't read or no info : search the model of your charger in google .
2 :
It would be just as easier to get your proper charger. You likely can get away with a plug adapter though.
3 :
I would assume that Apple would've used the same philosophy that they did with their notebooks and computers. The power supplies are autoranging and can use voltage levels between 100V and 250V so all you would need is a plug adapter or to buy different plug sets from Apple as is the case with their Notebooks. I wouldn't even try a power converter, just the travel plug converters. Look at the charger and it should say what range of input voltages it can tolerate. I've used my US MacBook Pro in Sweden and Brazil without a power converter, just a Radio Shack plug converter.
4 :
well,






Read more discussions :

Search News