Sunday, July 1, 2012

I want to move to denmark

I want to move to denmark?
I'm 18, only just found out I'm expecting. The father is my ex boyfriend who wants me to have an abortion but doesn't seem to understand that I don't think I can go through with it. He says its our only option. I live in England and I'm half way through my AS levels, I'm pretty confident my family will support me whatever I decide to do but if I'm going to keep it, I really don't want to raise a child in England. The crime rates where I live are high and the area is dangerous. I used to live and work in Denmark, so I'd love to try and find a small place there. Does anyone know the cheapest places to live in Denmark? I have a large amount in savings and I want to start again somewhere else for the sake of the child
Denmark - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't want to be judgemental as that is not my place, but I do know what it is like to raise children in a country where you are not native, and can only imagine doing this as a single parent. I have two children under 2 and we live in different countries from both sets of in-laws. It is sometimes very hard indeed and miss this support even tough we have friends already made here. e.g. if you work then childcare is very expensive full-time (in every country) and this is where grandparents are a big support. I understand what you mean about concerns about crime rates etc but it is not the same case for the entire country. I would just say to think a little more e.g. have your child in England and first get used to being a parent (along with the challenges that this brings) and getting a routine with your baby along with the support of friends & family. Maybe you can talk to your parents and get some advise from them as you mention they are supportive. Maybe you can move a short distance away (away from the crime hot-spots but close enough to friends/family) If you find after a year of so that you feel the same then look to move at that point Either way I wish you much luck
2 :
Denmark is a very good choice. Denmark is safe and there are lots of great places to live in Denmark. Read everything about Denmark and what its like to live there on their official website (its in English via this link): http://borger.dk/forside/om-borgerdk/other-languages/english I've always felt that the people in Denmark welcomes every "newbie" so I'm sure you will have no trouble fitting in and making friends and a new life for you and your child. I can't give any tips on where it would be the cheapest to live though. Knowledge is power so read up on everything you can on Denmark and the site mentioned above is a good place to start.
3 :
Denmark is a good place to bring up children . My children are both living in denmark , while I unfortunately have to work in the UK and visit them when I can. Childcare is easy to find in Denmark but not free although it is reasonably priced. The cheapest places to live , it the same in every country. Away from the jobs and the transport centres. Out in the country , houses and rents are quite cheap , you can still buy a small house or a flat for £50,000 . Rents also reflect this . As a foreigner , you are limited in the housing market as this is protected to a certain extent for foreign buyers , ( there are ways round this ) Utilities , power , water etc are very expensive along with cars and anything which includes manual labour. I would recommend the area of south Fyn , Langerland and some of the islands Aero and others which are very cheap and beautiful and some are connected by bridges. I would also agree with what the last person said , - wait a while , do your research . Start to learn the language and let your child get a little older and take your time .





Read more discussions :

Search News