Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What would you do in my situation

What would you do in my situation?
I fell in love on my vacation last summer and we have been chatting online since that. We both feel the same and we miss each other very much. The problem is that he lives in Spain and I live in Denmark. What would you do in this situation?
Singles & Dating - 11 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
meet at sweeden
2 :
doesnt matter...if you guys really love eachother.. keep this relationship like this until you can invite him to Denmark sometime later in your life then make him Denmarkan too hahaha
3 :
I would go and see him or ask him to come and see me
4 :
Dude I met a girl here in UK, she is Spanish too. We fell in love, lived together for 6 months but her heart was stuck in Spain... She moved back to Spain and ever since then we just went down hill. I broke up with her a few days ago because the distance was too much and I couldn't see her making much effort. All I can say is don't rush things, make sure she's genuine and ask yourself... do you want a long distance relationship?... I don't... ever again lol EDIT: I'm afraid the girl below me speaks the truth... I know people say LDR work, but they rarely do and in my eyes it's just stupid, cos you want someone to hold etc and be there for you in person.
5 :
I'd forget it. Will never work in a million years. Anyway, isn't the point of being in a relationship with someone, to spend TIME TOGETHER and not apart? Crazy.
6 :
love will find its way around :), i was the same way, now im engaged and happy. he's the most amazing thing ever!. you just have to have lots of patience and trust. things will work out. just believe. <3
7 :
Simple, if either of you can move in to live together then it is great. However, if you none can well I do advise you to end your 'online chatting' to her and as you find a girl over a short period you will have the time in the world to find a local girl. Don't put yourself under the torture of distance and "once a year" meeting. It will be hard at the beginning but you both will appreciate that later.
8 :
Depends on your age and situation. If you're teenagers you might be able to stay pen pals. If you're adults with your educations finished and career options to relocate, perhaps you can pursue a relationship. Make him move to Denmark though. You can't give up your residency in a first tier economy to move to a place as economically volatile as Spain. If he really loves you he'll find a way to make it happen.
9 :
It's really difficult to have a long distance relationship. I would suggest for the meantime enjoy each otherĂ¢€™s companionship even if you only get to chat online or so. Never get too attached with the guy because sometimes relationship like this gets to be precarious. Maybe try to visit him some time. Who knows you may have enough reason to move with him in Spain or vice versa.
10 :
Well I don't know your age. If you are an adult and he is an adult than travel to visit or if this becomes more serious one of you has to relocate. If you under age well than you have to do whatever your parents say. If it is not possible for either one of you to visit or relocate than you will have to look for someone else.Unless you are satisfied and he is satisfied with just on line chat.
11 :
I can only speak from experience, I had met and dated a man for 2 years long distance. When it came down to making a major change in this to be closer neither one of us was willing to make a switch to give up jobs, family, friends that were near to where we are already. I kept in touch initially thinking about some way to maybe compromise. One day I called him and his brother answered the phone there as it was still a number in service then and said he had just moved in with some girl recently, I had not even known he had met someone else then. Someone told me once they felt with no change in that they had to move on to live otherwise and chose to find someone else. They may not have known the way to tell me that they felt they had to do that. I have since many years later now found a man locally (ironically any closer and we'd be next door neighbors) that I see every weekend. Even watched a football game together last night, that I get along so good with that I feel in hindsight it is for the best now. I just feel you are asking for heartache if you prolong or keep this long distance. I have a niece that was with a guy who lives in Germany and after 3 years he told her he can't handle the distance and had to break up. She even went to Germany for 2 weeks at a time each year. I feel that the distance is the main issue later usually. Best to let it go. I have had a same gender friend that lives in Sweden and I'm in the usa but we've kept in contact a lot less over the very many years now. It is to basically by email and that is when our time and jobs allow,etc. I feel that even friendship can be decreased feeling with such a factor.






Read more discussions :

Search News